About Me

My photo
I am a series of randomly collected ideas running loose in a wild mind. I am hoping they will come together for a strong blog about library technology with a slight creative flair.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Cloud Computing... Again.

I am currently finishing a paper on Cloud Computing. I guess I just didn't realize how big a term it was. It can cover e-mail, Flicker, Facebook, and anything Google. I'm pretty sure now that our Union Catalog, PINES, is a form of Cloud Computing because it is:
1. Accessible from anywhere
2. Collects shared data from other Georgia Libraries
3. Multiple people can change it

I think it meets most of the criteria. After figuring that out, I think a little light bulb lit up in my head. I've got this now.

3 comments:

  1. I never knew how much it encompassed either until reading the material for class! I had no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great topic. Hope you are done or at least almost done. And that's with working full time, you are truly something, or rather somebody to look up to. You are already doing what we are learning for, and I think they should just give you a degree right now! Are you taking academic libraries or electronic resources or neither?

    ReplyDelete