About Me

My photo
I am a series of randomly collected ideas running loose in a wild mind. I am hoping they will come together for a strong blog about library technology with a slight creative flair.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Today, I have been working on trying to begin a wiki. I have been trying to find computer tutorials which are appropriate for my library's clientele. I think screen shots and videos would be the most well received, but I am really looking for simple programs. I also realized that if I used the selected Youtube videos because of the filters used by the public library systems in Georgia. I am still looking for a good alternative. Does anyone have any ideas? Or should I include the Youtube videos for patrons accessing them from home?

I am still on the fence of which Wiki site to use, but I have narrowed it down to three. Since my library is part of a system, its resources would need to be able to be exchanged between all five branches. So those patrons would also need access to add to the wiki. Still trying to figure the logistics out.

Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment